Today I’m sharing a favourite family recipe that I’ve recently revamped for the Instant Pot.
I really love the flavours of this dish. Lemon + thyme are a classic combo with chicken.
The best part of this dish is the sauce! It’s not a cream sauce as you might expect, but it’s sooooo yummy!
Serve this chicken over pasta or rice, or with a side of mashed potatoes so you have a great excuse to pour more of the sauce over your food. Trust me, you’re gonna wanna!
Enjoy…stay safe…stay home!
This surreal life we are all living shall pass.
LEMON + THYME INSTANT POT CHICKEN
Lemon + Thyme Instant Pot Chicken
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in half boneless, skinless
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme (or 2 sprigs fresh thyme + 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 tbsp butter
- To a large ziplock bag add flour, salt, pepper and parsley and mix well.Add chicken pieces, seal and shake to coat the chicken well with the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot, press SAUTE mode and let pot heat up until screen reads HOT.Add the chicken pieces and cook 3 minutes on each side. Set aside the remaining flour mixture in bag. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add butter to the pot and then the chopped onion, and cook 3 minutes until softened.Add garlic and the remaining flour mixture you had set aside earlier. Stir and cook 1 minute more.Press CANCEL.
- Add broth, lemon juice and thyme and stir together well, scraping bottom of pot to loosen up any browned bits.
- Add chicken, turning each piece once over to coat with liquid.Lock on lid, turn pressure valve to SEALNG.Choose PRESSURE COOK and adjust timer to 7 minutes.
- When cooking time is up allow pot timer to count up 10 minutes for natural pressure release.
- Press CANCEL.Carefully turn pressure valve on lid to VENTING and allow any remaining pressure to release, then open lid and transfer chicken to a plate.
- Press SAUTE mode.Add 2 tbsp butter, stir and let mixture cook for a few minutes until reduced by 1/2.Press CANCEL.
- Return chicken to pot, lock on lid and let chicken rest and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve chicken topped with the sauce.