Need a delicious winter salad and side dish?
I’ve got one for you.
It’s a simple, easy recipe I had not prepared in a long while, which surprised me when I came across it, because I really love it.
I blame summer and its amazing bounty of fresh greens and tomatoes, which I tend to live on for months.
Oh summer, I miss uuuu already……
And when that season comes to an end, salads kinda lose their appeal to me.
Does this happen to you?
Eating leaves just doesn’t cut it anymore.
My tummy needs something heartier.
This potatoes + green beans salad satisfies that craving perfectly, because it is served warm.
In fact right out of the oven is perfect!
Offer this terrific salad with any meat or fish dishes, or as a side to some scrambled eggs or sandwiches.
It’s easy to make but fancy enough for your holiday brunch, lunch or dinner table.
And if you want to change it up, you can also use snap peas instead of green beans.
Just try it!
WARM POTATO + GREEN BEAN SALAD (PLANT BASED + VEGAN FRIEDLY)
STEP 1-wash and quarter the potatoes, trim ends of green beans
STEP 2-toss potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper
STEP 3-transfer to baking sheet and roast at 450F for 20 minutes
While you wait, add beans to potato bowl and toss to coat with remaining oil in bowl
STEP 4-when time is up, add green beans to baking sheet and return to oven for another 10 minutes
While you wait, whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl
STEP 4-when time is up, remove from oven, transfer back into original bowl,
add dressing and gently toss, then serve and enjoy
Here is the printable recipe
Warm Potato + Green Bean Salad (plant based + vegan friendly)
- 1 bag mini potatoes (1.5 lbs pkg) washed + cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 handful green beans (about 1 1/2 cups) washed + ends trimmed (can also substitute with snap peas)
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 small clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add potatoes to a medium serving bowl and toss with olive oil, salt + pepper.Transfer to baking sheet. (set the empty bowl aside)Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime add green beans to the bowl the potatoes were in and toss to coat with whatever oil was left in the bowl from potatoes.
- When the timer is up for the potatoes, remove from oven and add the green beans to the baking sheet. (set the empty bowl aside)Return sheet to oven and roast another 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes and green beans are roasting, make the dressing:Add green onion, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisk together well. Set aside
- When the potatoes + green beans are ready, remove from oven and return to the bowl you mixed them in originally.Drizzle the dressing over top and gently stir with a spoon.Serve warm.Makes a great side to any meal.