Quinoa in the Instant Pot?
I’m surprised you didn’t see it coming. It was just a matter of time… LOL
I suspected this tiny grain would work out well in a pressure cooker. So I took a look around online and discovered how to adapt my cooking method for the IP.
And I’m happy to report it worked out , just the way I hoped it would.
Now, I’m not sure if you my readers are fans of Quinoa, but if you’re not you might want to reconsider this super grain, because it packs a lot of goodness.
Quinoa is a low calorie, gluten free grain that is high in fiber and good quality protein. It also delivers a good dose of iron and potassium.
And best of all it tastes great and is the perfect substitute for rice.
I especially love it in my Greek salad, because it turns my summer fresh side dish into a complete meal, without the addition of meat. Bonus points!
So here you go…
You get two recipes today.
The first shows you how to cook the quinoa in the Instant Pot, and the second gives you a way to use that delicious and perfectly cooked grain.
Instant Pot Quinoa
How to cook Quinoa in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup Quinoa rinsed in fine mesh sieve, drained
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth) or water + 1/4 tsp salt
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot, press SAUTE mode and let oil heat until display reads HOT.
- Add rinsed and drained Quinoa to pot and toast in the oil for about a minute, stirring often.
- Press CANCEL.Add broth (or water and salt) to the Instant Pot.
- Lock on lid and turn pressure valve on lid to SEALING.Choose PRESSURE COOK mode and adjust timer to 1 minute.
- When timer beeps done, let pot run on natural pressure release for 10 minutes (display will count up).Carefully turn pressure valve on lid to VENTING to release any remaining pressure.Open lid and fluff Quinoa with a fork. It is now ready to serve as desired.
Greek Quinoa Salad
Greek Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups cooked Quinoa
- 3 cups grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cucumber diced
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced red onion optional
- 1/4-1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese (try the Vegan Feta if you eat plant based/vegan)
- Greek salad dressing ( make your own by whisking together 1/4 cup olive oil + 1 tsp balsamic vinegar + 2 tbsp lemon juice + 1 minced garlic clove + 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano + salt and pepper )
- Add quinoa to a large salad bowl.
- Top with tomatoes, cucumber, olives and onion.
- Sprinkle salad with Feta cheese and drizzle with salad dressing.Serve and enjoy.
PIN ME FOR LATER