Time for a delicious new recipe….
And it’s just gotta be soup!
This cold snap we’ve been enduring, along with its generous dumping of the beautiful but dreaded white stuff has me craving comfort food.
When the weather is screeching winter at me and I’d rather stay in bed, soup is the one dish that I don’t mind making the effort for.
This one is fantastic. It’s actually a meal in a bowl, which right there is a winner in my books.
You really don’t need to serve anything else with this. It’s got enough going on that it will leave your belly feeling happy and satisfied.
And of course, using the Instant Pot to prepare it makes this an easy and quick dinner choice.
Now, there are some out there that may be tempted to leave out the avocado or maybe the lime, or even the tortilla chips.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk…
Listen, it’s like this, they are not optional. The End. No ifs ands or buts.
Honestly, those three ingredients are what makes this soup extra special.
Do it right. You’ll enjoy every single bite.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN + LIME SOUP WITH RICE
Instant Pot Chicken + Lime Soup with Rice
- 2 tbps olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 green onions (white and green part) chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large chicken breast
- salt + pepper for seasoning
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (get stewed ones if you can find) (if you like chilies you can also use the tomato with chilies variety) 540 ml / 19 fl oz
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried red chili flakes double or triple if you like it spicy
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice parboiled or basmati works well
- 1 lime
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 sprig of cilantro of a few basil leaves finely chopped
- hint of lime tortilla chips
- Press SAUTE function on Instant Pot, add olive oil, and allow to heat until screen reads HOT.Add both onions and cook 2 min, then add garlic and cook 1 min more, then push everything to the side of pot.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and add to Instant Pot and cook 2 minutes on each side.Press CANCEL.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, paprika, chili flakes, oregano and rice, then give it all a good stir.Lock on lid, turn pressure valve on lid to SEALING.
- Choose PRESSURE COOK function and adjust timer to 7 minutes.
- While soup cooks, juice the lime into a small bowl, then dice the avocado and toss with lime juice and set aside.
- When time is done, let the timer run up another 10 minutes for natural pressure release, then press CANCEL.
- Turn pressure valve on lid to VENTING and release any remaining pressure, then open pot and transfer chicken breast to a plate.Shred chicken breast meat using 2 forks then return all to the soup in the pot.
- Add chopped cilantro or basil and just the lime juice from the bowl with avocados.Give the soup a good stir, then ladle into bowls, top with a spoonful of diced avocado and serve with a bowl of tortilla chips to break into the soup for some added flavour and crunch.
this post was featured at: