Summer’s finally here….
I’m so ready! Betting you are too.
Here’s a breakfast smoothie recipe that’s perfect for this time of year.
It’s light, fruity and fresh tasting.
Sunshine in a glass!
Doesn’t that sound fabulous? What a great way to start your day.
With a delicious burst of lemon flavour, this breakfast smoothie is a healthy, refreshing choice for your first meal of the day.
The addition of hemp hearts gives you a boost of magnesium, and the flax seeds are fibre rich and high in omega 3 fatty acids.
We can all use more of that and this is an easy way to get those benefits.
Give this wonderful smoothie a try and let me know if you like it.
Looking for more fantastic ideas for making smoothies?
Check out these favourites:
LEMON COCONUT MANGO BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
Lemon Coconut Mango Breakfast Smoothie (can easily be made plant based /vegan friendly)
- 1/4 cup coconut flavoured greek yogurt (vanilla or plain is ok too) (use non-dairy/vegan option if needed)
- 2 tsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1-2 tsp ground flax seed
- 2 tsp hemp hearts
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 frozen banana cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (almond milk or dairy milk are ok too) (add a bit more if too thick)
- Add all ingredients to blender and process for about a minute until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass, add a straw and enjoy.