I ❤️ scones!
I bake them often, although probably not often enough if you were to ask the family.
They’re so darn easy to make, the flavour combinations are endless and best of all they turn out great! My kinda baking!
Simple and delicious, they are a great addition to your breakfast or brunch table.
Also…they pair perfectly with my afternoon coffee…or tea…
These apple pie inspired ones are the current favourites…enjoy!
*apparently buttermilk makes a great substitution for the heavy cream (thanks for the tip Juliana) I haven’t personally tried it, but I have tasted the results, as in Juliana’s scones, and they sure are delish! Will be testing!
APPLE PIE SCONES
Stir ingredients together in a large bowl until dough begins to form.
Gather dough into a ball, pat down into a circle on baking stone, cut into triangles and separate.
Bake at 425F for 16-18 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven, cool 5 minutes and dig in!
Apple Pie Scones
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter keep in freezer until needed
- 1 large Apple cored, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup Heavy Cream 35%
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar
- approx 2 tsps milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Grate frozen butter into the bowl, then cut into flour mixture with a pastry cutter.Stir in chopped apple.
- Add vanilla to cream, then pour into flour mixture and stir together until dough begins to form.
- Gather up dough with a spatula and form into a ball, use your hands if needed, but try not to work the dough too much, just enough to form a ball you can lift out to your baking stone or sheet.
- Transfer to your baking stone (or parchment lined baking sheet.Press dough down to form a circle about 8"-9" wide.Cut across dough as you would a pizza, with a sharp knife, to create 8 triangles. Separate them a bit so they dont touch as they bake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 16-18 min, on lower rack if using baking stone, or middle rack if using baking sheet.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 min.
- To prepare icing, in a small bowl or cup, using a small fork or whisk, mix together icing sugar with 1-2 tsp milk, just until runny enough to drizzle over scones.
*this post was featured at: