I’ve been getting requests for more salad ideas, so here you go….
Today I give you a recipe, that in my humble opinion is simply perfect on so many levels.
It can be made several days in advance, it packs and travels very well for work lunches, tastes delicious and is chock full of healthy ingredients.
Seriously, what more can you ask of a humble salad?
Prepare a bowl to share as a main meal, or serve it up as a side to your main entrée.
The flavours in this salad mix work so well together, the dressing is soooo good, and the end result is a salad that really satisfies.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
*This recipe calls for a cup of cooked quinoa. Follow this link for instructions on how to cook it in the Instant Pot…very easy, with perfect results every time.
Crunchy Asian Cole Slaw with Peanut Dressing
Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside
Cook and cool edamame, then add together with all salad ingredients to a large bowl
Add prepared dressing to bowl and toss everything together well
Let sit for 5 minutes then serve and enjoy
Here is the printable recipe:
Crunchy Asian Cole Slaw with Peanut Dressing (plant based/ vegan friendly)
For the Salad
- 1 cup frozen, pre shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups coleslaw salad mix (the one sold in the bag)
- 2 green onions washed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (I used a tri-colour variety, but any type will work)
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup Crispy wonton strips (they can be found with the croutons in the stores, usually in a similar bag)
For the Dressing
- 1 1/2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- pinch of dried red chili flakes or more for a spicer dressing
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Add edamame to a microwaveable bowl, top with 1/4 cup water, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from microwave, drain and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Make the dressing next so it has time to sit and become well blended and flavourful: add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whish together well, set aside.
- To a medium size bowl add the coleslaw mix, green onions,, parsley, cooled edamame and cooked quinoa.Add the salad dressing and peanuts and toss together well.Let sit for 5 minutes then stir in the crispy wonton strips and enjoy.If you are refrigerating to serve at a later time, add the wonton strips just before serving.This salad will keep well in fridge for a few days.