Getting this family to eat more veggies is the bane of my existence…seriously!
Thank goodness for soups…and immersion blenders.
They turn those beautiful vegetables into an unrecognizable mush, which seems to magically make them taste so much better!
Don’t judge…I do what I have to…
This soup does the job. It’s yummy yes, but it also delivers a good dose of health benefits.
Cauliflower is very high in vitamin C, full of nutrients and antioxidants, high fibre and yet low carb and low cal…a superfood indeed.
this soup happens to be vegan!
(for those that were waiting…u know who u are)
Stay warm folks…it’s not nice out there.
Here’s the recipe, enjoy.
* I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo to make this recipe
THAI CAULIFLOWER SOUP IN THE INSTANT POT
Thai Cauliflower Soup in the Instant Pot
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (or coconut milk)
- Press saute mode on instant pot, add coconut oil and heat 1 minute.Add onion and carrot, cook a few minutes, then add garlic and cauliflower, stir together and cook a couple minutes more, then press cancel.
- Add broth, curry paste, salt and pepper and stir well.Lock on lid, turn pressure valve to sealing, choose pressure cook and set timer for 15 minutes.
- When done, let timer run another 5 minutes then do a quick pressure release by carefully turning pressure valve on lid to venting.
- Open lid and using an immersion blender puree the soup (remove a few florets for garnish if you wish and set aside).Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls, stir in a tablespoon of coconut cream to each bowl (or 2 tbsp if using coconut milk) add reserved cauliflower florets for garnish and serve.